This is a 2-day introductory programme, which aims to introduce medical personnel, of any discipline, to the concepts of Human Factors, and to raise awareness of their importance in reducing the occurrence or the consequences of human error in the medical environment.
The course includes a range of modules, including for example:
- Basic principles of Human Factors
- Basic principles of Human Performance and Limitations
- Effective Communication within the organisation
- Assertiveness and Conflict Management
- Human Error and Reliability
- Information Processing
- Situational Awareness
- Decision Making
- Teamwork and Workload Management
- Leadership and Followership
- Stress Management
- The Startle Effect and Resilience
- Sleep and Fatigue
- Standard Operating Procedures and Safety Culture
- Monitoring and Intervention
These concepts will be facilitated by using case studies as well as group and individual activities, so expect a highly interactive course!
A certificate will be issued on completion of the course.