CRM Initial Pilot
During their initial training in a multi-crew commercial, private or corporate aviation operation, pilots must attend a Crew Resource Management course. This is a 2-day induction programme, which aims to introduce new pilots to the concepts of CRM and to raise awareness on the importance of human factors training, aiming at reducing the occurrence or the consequences of human error in aviation
This course is EASA and FAA compliant and is facilitated by one of our senior CRM trainers.
The subjects on this course include all modules required by regulators. Some examples:
- Basic principles of Crew Resource Management
- Basic principles of Human Performance and Limitations
- Effective Communication inside and outside the cockpit
- Assertiveness and Conflict Management
- Human Error and Reliability
- Information Processing
- Situational Awareness
- Decision Making
- Teamwork and Workload Management
- Leadership and Followership
- Stress Management
- The Startle Effect and Resilience
- Sleep and Fatigue
- Standard Operating Procedures and Safety Culture
- Automation, Monitoring and Intervention.
All these concepts will be facilitated by using case studies as well as group and individual activities, so expect a highly interactive course! Feedback from the trainer will also be provided to enhance the learning experience.
Courses commence at 08.00 UTC and the duration will be 8-hours, including breaks.
A certificate will be issued on completion of the course.